DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY
History of the Department
Departmental History: The Department of History is functioning in our college from the year 1948. From the very beginning the Department was affiliated to the University of Calcutta for the General Course, and Honours Course was affiliated the Calcutta University in the year of 1967.The college was affiliated to the Vidyasagar University in the year 1985. At present there are four full time teachers, four SACT (State Aided Contractual Teacher) teachers and one Non-teaching Staff in the Department. In addition, the Post Graduate Course has been introduced in the History in 2017.The PG Course has been affiliated by Vidyasagar University.
The Department has been able to include the moral and social values in the students of the college. It also enhances reasoning ability and rational faculty of the students.